I’ve been nominated for several blogger awards and I admit I’m not so good at these honors. I freeze at the requirement of having to list my favorite blogs because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings! I follow a whole lot of blogs and I couldn’t possibly list them in one post. But it’s also insulting to people when I don’t accept the awards. So maybe I’ll try one and see if it works for me.
I was also tickled to notice I now have 400 followers! Hager Family Happenings was my 400th and I love that they also have an Audrey. Awww.. there are not many of us! The family is fairly new to blogging but their recipes (pork and sauerkraut!!) look delish. You should peek at their blog.
I accepted the nomination for the Creative Blogger award from Redbird because she’s a fellow redhead. Not only is she a redhead, her husband is a redhead! She also has the best recipe ideas that often make me say “mmm” out loud. She decorates cakes and cookies in amazing ways as well. I want to thank her for nominating me!
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
Seven things about me:
- I love all things Victorian. I love the clothing and décor of the era and how their morals were so rigid in public and so naughty in private. I especially admire Queen Victoria herself!
- I don’t like raspberries, coconut, venison and most dried fruits (particularly raisins and prunes). Other than those, I’m open to pretty much anything else.
- I’ll never post a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and frown when others do. I think chocolate chips and the cookies are boring.
- I have a collection of bone china tea cups. I love that they are delicate and flowery, sometimes inside the cup as well as outside. I like fruity teas but never use my cups. I drink tea out of a mug.
- I have a huge crush on James Spader. I never miss whatever show he is currently starring in. My P.S. accepts this and watches the shows with me because Spader is a good actor as well as having that VOICE!
- My P.S. really is my personal shopper. Hubby loves to shop and I hate it. He is good at knowing exactly where to buy anything at the best price. I will pay more than necessary to get everything in one store. I’m a good bargain hunter online however. I have a huge shoe collection that is sort of embarrassing.
- My biggest fail was making Tabouli in my early days as a wife. I spent hours chopping and mixing an enormous amount of expensive ingredients, letting it marinate, and being excited to see how my P.S. would like it. It was horrible. I have no idea what I did wrong but have avoided anything called Tabouli since.
1. The Frugal Hausfrau She has the best looking food on her blog! I have bookmarked so many of them that her recipes could be my new hobby. Ms Frau lives fairly near my hometown so she also fits into my goal to buy and promote local. I like that she gives us tons of ideas and tips to save money and cook efficiently. You might learn a lot checking her blog out!
2. 4 Sons ‘R’ Us Meaghan has 4 lovely boys and still manages to create the most delicious posts on her blog. Her recipes are usually kid friendly and I’ve used many of them when my grandchildren are spending time with me. She has crafts for kids as well as food! She also lives up in my neck of the woods. Take a look at her blog!
3. Gluten Free Jess Jessica is another Minnesotan (do you see a trend here?) and I’m fascinated by her recipes. Although I don’t live gluten free, I do love her recipes. I often look at her recipes, like the recent Jalapeno Popper Egg Bake and wonder, “Why didn’t I think of that!” She is more creative than I am, you should check out her recipes!
4. A Solitary Feast Julie lives about an hour from me in what I usually call the Big City in my blog. Her blog adapts recipes down to feed one or two people, something I do often with just my P.S. and I eating most meals. Julie has posts on fajita seasonings and shirred eggs, things I still have to learn! You might learn something as well!
5. The Fabulous Fare Sisters Heidi and Linda have such delicious looking recipes I can’t wait to try them. I like that they have some prep pictures with each blog (as I do) and that one is named Linda (like my own sister!). They make me wish that my sisters liked to cook, but they do not. Usually. They both can cook and bake when they are in the mood. You should check these sisters out!